Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello 2014...



I only have 5 days, experience in this new year, but I think, no, I know that this is going to be a year to remember.
 There is something very delightful about a new year, something fresh, exciting, a little bit scary, but delightful, about a new start.  Just like how Anne says "tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it" this is a new year, with few mistakes so far.:)  This is a new year, and a new chance. Isn't it wonderful the way God gives us a chance every 12 months to start completely new again?  Of course we can start over anytime within those 12 months but starting over at the beginning of them is somehow special. 

I hardly know where 2013 went, but despite that, I have many, many, memories that I will carry with me.  Memories, of time spent with family and friends, of hard work, lessons learned, meeting new people, and seeing new things.  Like most people, amidst those good times there were some hard and sad periods but they are definitely out weighed by the blessedness and wonderfulness of this year.   

About resolutions...

... Many years I have made resolutions only to forget or break them sometime throughout the year.  This year I am making one (and intend to keep it!): To more intentionally love the people God has placed in my life.  So many times I forget that love is an action, and will say that I love someone but upon reviewing my actions towards that person I see love lacking.  I may not be treating them meanly per say, but I am not going out of my way to do things for them that I could or should, or I am just too wrapped up in what I have going on to see a need that I could be filling.  I want to love every person God has placed in my life the way Jesus loved those he was surrounded by.

I am very grateful for the past year God gave me, and am looking forward to what 2014 holds!


~Maria






1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad that you're blogging again!! :D
    That's a word that has been in my mind this year, too. Intentional. I pray that we'll both be more intentional in our love for our fellow believers.
    Love you so much:)
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment... It brightens my day!